Connecting to IP cameras seems unstable

My usecase is to connect the iPad/iPhone to a WiFi camera (a car dash cam in this case) and then transfer files, watch a video stream etc.

This used to work OK on iOS 10 (and still does work on iOS 10 on a iPad in the office).

However, all iOS 11 devices (beta2 first, now beta 4, iPhone 5s or iPhone 7) can not connect to this class of devices anymore.

I can see the devices SSID in the list of available networks, and tapping on it will briefly attempt a connection but not complete. The device, as it seems, does not receive the DHCP request even).

In the SSID settings ,tapping "Forget Network" forgets it, and reselting it later will prompt for the password.

On first attempt, entering the correct password & confirming immediately message "Unable to connect", followed by a crash of the Settings App.

Restarting settings App, then reconnecting (password again), seems to work, but my Apps can not connect to the device:

2017-08-06 15:54:02.768070+0800 App[11827:2707747] [] nw_endpoint_flow_attach_protocols_block_invoke [55 192.168.1.254:80 in_progress socket-flow (satisfied)] Failed to attach application protocol CFNetworkConnection

Thankful for any info.