The value for the key 'MinimumOSVersion' in bundle [notification extrension] is invalid. The minimum value is 10

I am seeing this error message in Application Loader when attempting to upload a new build to iTunes Connect. I uploaded a new build from the same branch a week ago, which was later reviewed (and approved) without this error. A week later, I up the version number of the app and now I can't upload a new build.

Full Error message:

ERROR ITMS-90362: "Invalid Info.plist value. The value for the key 'MinimumOSVersion' in bundle AppName/PlugIns/AppNameNotificationServiceExtension.appex is invalid. The minimum value is 10"

The app includes a Notification Service Extension - the last 10 versions of the app have included this additional service - and the error message is specifically saying the MinimumOSVersion on the notification extension is the problem.

But, no changes have been made to that target in months. None. No changes have been made to the app at all since the previous version - I went back to the exact branch of the last released version, and I upped the version number without making ANY OTHER CHANGES and then attempted to upload to iTunes Connect, got the same error. Literally the exact same code with a higher version number.

There must be a problem with iTunes Connect. The only thing I have NOT attempted is to change the Targetted SDK version to iOS10 - that would be crazy at this point. We are currently targetting iOS9 as the minimum OS and do not plan to lock out iOS9 users until iOS11 acceptance has reached 95% (as we always do).

Is there any known reason why this message would be appearing now?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

I wrote above: "The only thing I have NOT attempted is to change the Targetted SDK version to iOS10"

Well, I did try it, and as I expected, I was permitted to upload the build to iTunes Connect. But that's no good - why is my app being forced to target iOS10? The current version of the App (in the AppStore) targets iOS9 and was built from the exact same code except the version number was incremented. Can anyone help with this problem, its killing me.

Same here, this is really annoying..

did you find out the solution?

Have you found any workaround?

Same problem with siri extension, it was working fine and after added one extension to watch app, it stopped working, but different error.

Error ITML-90736:"Invalid Intent Extension. The MiniumOSVersion key in the "Extension.appex" Info.plist file can't be greater than 10.3"

iPhone App - Deployment target - iOS 10.0

Watch app - Deployment target - watch os 3.0

iPhone Siri extension - Deployment target - iOS 12.0

It was working fine with above , but when added siri extension to watch app for handing siri custom intents,

Watch Siri Extension - Deployment target - watch os 6.0

It started showing above error, not sure where to make changes. Changed to minimum deployment target for ios app to iOS 11.0 and then it thrown below error

Error ITML-90736:"Invalid Intent Extension. The MiniumOSVersion key in the "Extension.appex" Info.plist file can't be greater than 11.0"

Hi @Hiren Gujarati,

Did you figure out a solution to ITMS-90736 error?

I'm recently adding iOS 14 configurable widget with its WidgetIntent. Since the new API requires iOS 14, I must set the new target for WidgetIntent to deployment target 14.0. However, it's complaining when I submit to App Store with the following error:

Code Block
ERROR ITMS-90736: "Invalid Intent Extension. The MinimumOSVersion key in the 'MyApp.app/PlugIns/WidgetIntents.appex' Info.plist file can't be greater than '11.4'."

My main app is still supporting 11.4