Could not find Developer Disk Image

Hi,

I'm experiencing a communication problem between Xcode 7.0 beta (7A120f) installation and my iPad iOS 8.4 (12H143).

When I connect the iPad to the Mac, I get this message under Window->Devices

"Could not find Developer Disk Image"

I think this happens since I have updated iOS on the iPad.

Please, how can I fix the problem and make Xcode supporting iOS 8.4 devices ?

Thanks a lot,

Gabriele

Accepted Reply

Hi, If you have a copy of Xcode 6.4 go to applications, Xcode 6.4 and view the package contents. Then go Contents - Developer - platforms - iPhoneOS.platform - Device support and copy the file *8.4 (12H4125a)* to the exact same folder but in Xcode 7-beta.

Replies

Re: "I think this happens since I have updated iOS on the iPad" - it's exacly what wappend. Xcode 7 designed for develop for iOS 9 and up. It was work with iOS 8.3 but since you upgraded to 8.4 you have no way back. In order to develop for device with iOS 8.4 on it, you have to use Xcode 6.4.

Thanks DiP.

It sounds a little bit strange that to develop with a newer iOS version (8.4) I have to downgrade Xcode from 7 to 6.4.

Hi, If you have a copy of Xcode 6.4 go to applications, Xcode 6.4 and view the package contents. Then go Contents - Developer - platforms - iPhoneOS.platform - Device support and copy the file *8.4 (12H4125a)* to the exact same folder but in Xcode 7-beta.

Thanks a lot NoobExtreme,

I solved following your advice.