My iPhone 'exploded'

I have a 7+ with 11.0(15A5327G) which iTunes says has 541 apps most of which aren't in the 14 displayable pages. I laboriously put these apps into folders to get everything into the 14 pages. After about a week, when i picked up the iPhone, The folders had 'exloded' and were left with one or two apps in them and there were only a handful of apps on each displayable page. iTunes still reported 541 apps, but they can't be found by swiping up and typing the first letters of the app name. The app store thinks they are there. There is a solid OPEN icon in their listing, but when you press the icon, nothing happens. I'm.kind of stuck for a next step. The latest backup I have is listed by iTunes but the restore command isn't available. Any thoughts?

THanks,

Tom

Replies

Have you checked to see if your "Offload Unused Apps" is enabled? Is it possible that these are apps that you have not used in a while and the new OS has removed them from your device due to inactivity in order to free up space on your phone?

You're right Scott. Offload unused apps somehow was enabled. It did an awful job of determining inactivity. For example it removed 1Password which I use seveeral times a day. It also blew apart most folders and couldn't bring apps back as advertised.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm glad you figured out the issue. Kinda worriesome that it cant actually determine that you have used something recently and it should not be removed. Hopefully that will get fixed.