How do you match a statusUpdateNotification with a user on your server?

So, in the guide for the new server to server notifications for auto renewing subscriptions there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to match the notification to a user on my end. What value should be persisted in my database to use to match the notification to a user account?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

the original_transaction_id is unique across all apps.

Replies

Original_transaction_id?

Is that going to be a globally unique id? It's unclear from the documentation. My system will handle multiple applications so if that is only unique per app it would cause problems.

I don't understand why they don't provide some uid like the opaque value which is your apple id or allow you to attach some sort of passthrough value with the inital receipt validation.

the original_transaction_id is unique across all apps.

😢I have got response from apple server but i'm missing original_transaction_id 😐. I have latest_receipt, latest_receipt_info, environment, auto_renew_status, password, auto_renew_product_id, notification_type.. Missing original_transaction_id

original_transaction_id is a field that will be in the In_App field within the receipt:

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/releasenotes/General/ValidateAppStoreReceipt/Chapters/ReceiptFields.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010573-CH106-SW12