Xcode 9b4 - editer is so slow, heavy CPU usage.

I have a quite large source file - 3MB size. Aftre the source is indexed, in Xcode 9 beta 1 and 2 the source is fine and fast to edit code. But after Beta 3 update and beta 4, eveny time I edit even one line, the CPU usage is jumped to 100% and freeze, takes a long while to come back. I have to go back to Beta 2.

Does anyone have this issue?

Replies

The same problem! I tried only xcode 9 bet 3 and beta 4. Didn't use previous betas. But I also very upset of this topic. Our command need to know can we migrate to swift 4 and work with this fearther. Or we also get the heavy and hungry IDE that puts our Macs' batteries in zero percent for 1 hour!!!??

Still have this issue in latest Xcode 9 bet 5.

You may want to wait to react to the public release before passing judgement based solely on any beta...

I have the same Issue. Unfortunately for me it is not possible to work with Xcode 9 because of the slowly performance. I needed One or two minutes to get a textField to the size I want.. I hope it will be better with the next releases.

Still the same in Xcode 9 Beta 6, Xcode is not useful 😟

Same with Xcode 9 Beta 6.

I really hope this gets resolved soon, as it has an enormous impact on productivity.

Same here, 1.7 MB file and editing is painfully slow in XCode 9.0 (9A235) even after disabling "Show live issues".

Yes, Xcode 9.0 still has this slow editing issue. Apple engineers need to figure out what are changs between b2 and b3-b6-GM to cuase this slowness.

Just tried latest Xcode 9.1 Beta 2, the slowness/heavy CPU usage issue to edit source seems to be resolved. At least, in my case, used to take 1-2 minutes just to add/edit a character, now seems to be snappy in 9.1 Beta2.

Anyone can confirm?