Any requirements of the file to be segmented?

Hi, everyone.

I am working on a digit tv living system which I want to use HLS to implement. So I find two Transform Stream (the output of our encoders) to test, when I use MediaFileSegmenter command on MAC, one of the TS file (which has multiple programs) shows error(No track found), the other one (which is encoded in H264/AAC) could be segmented into .ts files and .m3u8 file. But when I arrange them on the server, there is Neither PICTURES Nor SOUNDS, just black in the player.

So there is any requirements of the file to be segmented??? Is the problem that my TS files do not meet the criterion of Apple HLS?

P.S. I have tried to use C Language to implemengt the segmenting operation, but still not worked.

Anyone who anwser the question will be appreciated.

Regards.

/windgate

Replies

You seem to be dealing with non-live content here. (Since you are using mediafilesegmenter rather than mediastreamsegmenter.)

I would trying getting some different output from the encoder. Can you get something other than a Transport Stream? Perhaps a quicktime movie, or mp4?

You can check individual transport stream segments by playing them with QuickTime Player. This can isolate whether the problem is with the transport stream or with your playlists or with how you have your server set up. If QuickTime PLayer does not play the segment is unlikely that medaifilesegmenter will be able to segment it.