my app works on my iPhone but crashes on my iPad

my app works on my iphone but crahes on my ipad when i build the app with Xcode on my ipad I get Thread 1: signal SIGABRT

Replies

SIGABRT
is generated when some code inside your process calls
abort
. In many, but not all, cases this is the result of an unhandled language exception. If it is, you should see a message logged description the exception.

It’s hard to say more without more details about your specific crash. If the above doesn’t help, please post a symbolicated crash log for your crash; see Technote 2151 Understanding and Analyzing iOS Application Crash Reports for details.

IMPORTANT The system only generates a crash log when you run your app outside of Xcode.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I realized that the problem was not with the app itself rather Xcode or my mac because when I try to run anything on an actuall device I get the SIGABRt error even if it is a blank Xcode project Maybe the problem is with the certificate or someting? Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer "iPhone Developer: Example@Example.com (U2EV427VG4)"

Did you find a resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue Xcode (9.2). Clearly cert issue, just not sure how to resolve it.

Best.

-Truman