Restore button for self hosted content

Hi guys,

I can't find on the documentation information about the restore button behavior when I have some Non Consummable product self hosted on my servers.

Do I have to provide this restore button ? Because our purchases are linked to our app account, then if you change of device you get back automatically all your purchases.

If the restore button is need, should I do the restore request to storeKit ? If yes do I have to do something special when I get the answer ?

Thanks,

Best regards

Quentin

Replies

You can handle 'restore' any way you want but you must provide a method whereby a user can recover their purchases on a new device that they purchase or on their current device after they delete (or restore from backup) any device that has your app.

The normal way of restoring is to implement restoreCompletedTransactions and handle the restore exactly the same way you handled the original purchase except with a state 'restored' rather than 'purchased'.

Thanks PBK,

more precisely my question is :

we self hosted our non consumable object on our servers and so when you buy an object on the apple store it's already stocked on your App account. If you change of device or re-install the app the object bought is still available.

So do we have to do something special during restoring ?

>it's already stocked on your App account.

When a user tries to find or use the IAP content they bought you need to tell them that they can restore the purchase simply by logging onto their account on your server.