LaCie 5Big Thunderbolt 2 RAID drive not mounting on High Sierra

Just recently installed High Sierra beta on my iMac

Internal drive changed to APFS

External LACIE drive/Volume still HFS+

Unfortunately unable to mount the drive/Volume.

Connect LaCie drive to MacBook Pro running Sierra and the Volume mounts fine

Anyone else have similar problems ?

Accepted Reply

So now have High Sierra Release running (after having to revert my Fusion Drive back to HFS+) - but that was another problem

According to LaCie (received this morning)

Thank you for contacting LaCie Support. I am sorry to hear about your issues with the drive.

The 5big Thunderbolt 2 and LaCie RAID Manager are not yet compatible with High Sierra. At this time, we cannot make that device run on that operating system.

The upcoming update for LaCie RAID Manager will have High Sierra support but we are not sure when that will be released.

I am able to see the drive (had to change security permissions) but still does not work - may reinstall software see if that works

http://knowledge.lacie.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/007815en

Replies

Additional Infomation

Lacie Raid Manager v2.4.4.12527

RAID Firmware v2.0.3.1058

Disk Utility does not recognise the Volume on High Sierra

Disk Utility does recognise the Volume on Sierra

In addition I am able to mount a Lacie 2TB ruggedised drive (formatted HFS+ /MacOS Extended (Journaled) on High Sierra

Yes. I have the same problem. Basing on my previous experience I'd say all we need is to wait for new LaCie driver. They don't do OS beta versions (even public ones) and don't recommend anyone to use it leaving alone rapid producing of supporting drivers.

Still have the same problem. Anything new since release is close?

Thanks

Did you try LaCieRaidManager v.2.5.704.24245 from LaCie site?

No, I last updated in late August. Did not know that there was a new RaidManager. It worked! Thank you for your help!!

So now have High Sierra Release running (after having to revert my Fusion Drive back to HFS+) - but that was another problem

According to LaCie (received this morning)

Thank you for contacting LaCie Support. I am sorry to hear about your issues with the drive.

The 5big Thunderbolt 2 and LaCie RAID Manager are not yet compatible with High Sierra. At this time, we cannot make that device run on that operating system.

The upcoming update for LaCie RAID Manager will have High Sierra support but we are not sure when that will be released.

I am able to see the drive (had to change security permissions) but still does not work - may reinstall software see if that works

http://knowledge.lacie.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/007815en

FIX: LaCie Thunderbolt 5Big will not mount with High Sierra

Ok, I **HAD** the same problem (LaCie Thunderbolt 5Big would not mount with High Sierra).

Seems I've fixed it for me anyway. Here's how:

Download LaCie Raid Manager install package from LaCie Website

Reboot your mac in safe mode (Hold down the shift key while it reboots)

Goto Applications folder. Find "LaCie RAID Manager" folder, and use "Uninstall LaCie RAID manager.app" to uninstall Raid manager. (NB: this will not work if you have not started up in safe mode).

Once you've uninstalled LaCie RAID Manager, use the LaCie Raid Manager install package you downloaded earlier to install the latest Raid manager.

Reboot normally.

Plug in your LaCie thunderbolt drive and wait for it to start up and mount.

I sure hope this helps out a whole lot of people because I just hate it when things don't work after an upgrade, and I hate spending time figuring out how to get back to where I was before the upgrade. I've had a lot of help from the internet over the years - here's my little bit of paying back. At least, I hope it works for you.

Thank you so much for this post - it got me on the right track after hours of faffing about and panic! Lesson learned! If it helps... I could get the array to mount in safe mode but not normal so your post helped me to isolate the problem - ta da it worked.

>Lesson learned!

Be sure to file bugs against the beta you're on and thanks for helping test.