Pairing Failed on watchOS 4 beta 3

I have a model A1758 Series 2 Apple Watch, and after having suffered from the known problem where the upgrade from watchOS 4 beta 2 to watchOS 4 beta 3 would not complete, and would stall, I unpaired my watch and attempted to re-pair the watch.

I hold the iPhone camera up to the watch, and the pattern condenses from the particle cloud. The phone then tells me that "Your Apple Watch Is Paired" before giving me two options – to either restore from backup or to set up as a new Apple Watch.

(I've tried both methods here, multiple times, having restarted both the Apple Watch and my iPhone multiple times.)

Every time I try to restore from a backup or set the watch up new, the watch shows "Setting Language…" and the phone says "Activating your Apple Watch. This may take a moment." A few moments later, the watch says "Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap "Start Pairing". Shortly after that appears, the message changes to "Getting ready to pair. This could take several minutes."

(I'm guessing this is the point where the watch has given up and is un-pairing itself.)

The iPhone then shows an alert:

Pairing Failed

Your Apple Watch couldn't pair with your iPhone.

Start Again.

I've tried using the camera to pair, I've tried using the manual pairing instructions (which sometimes shows the 6-digit code on the Apple Watch screen, and sometimes doesn't). I've tried it using Wi-Fi, I've tried it using 4G and 3G networks, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of.

Nothing's working. And since the watch won't re-pair with the phone, I don't seem to have a way to retrieve any sysdiagnose logs from the watch.

I'm using the latest beta software for both iOS 11 beta 3 and watchOS 4 beta 3.

What can I do? Should I be taking this to an Apple Store to have it replaced/repaired?

Accepted Reply

i found a solution!!!!
u need to use another language to setup the apple watch first.i use chinese
Then u can pair it.And u can change the language after setting up the apple watch

Replies

Hi abitgone,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issues you've been encountering. If Apple Watch is indeed unpaired from iPhone please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1) force-quit the Apple Watch app on iPhone

2) hard reset Apple Watch by press & holding side button and digital crown until the Apple logo appears

3) restart iPhone

4) attempt to repair Apple Watch with iPhone

If you are still encountering issue, please file a bug report. We are here to help. Having a sysdiagnose from the iPhone side is a great start as well.

Thanks!

Exact same issue here.

Watch series 1 running watchos beta & Iphone 6s runing ios 11 beta.

Here’s the Fix. Hard reset on iPhone On Apple watch: at language's setting, forcetouch and choose restore factory settings. Then, I did all the pairing process again and it did worked to me.

hi

i found a solution!!!!
u need to use another language to setup the apple watch first.i use chinese
Then u can pair it.And u can change the language after setting up the apple watch

remember that you need to hard-reset the apple watch to language(chinese). then u click start pairing and use the apple watch app to pair

Wow, lifesaving, I did the same as you did and I was finally able to pair my watch (Series 0, watchOS4 beta3)

I tried Spanish (I can understand rudimentary Spanish) and it didn't work, but selecting the first Chinese option from the list worked. Thanks for the assistance!

Seems that choosing Chinese might be the solution!

Thanks.

Legend.

This is still the solution as of October 2017! Thank you so much! Incidentally, the language changed back to English by itself, so this is not problematic at all. Cheers!

Didn't work for me. 😟