CarPlay Access

Hi,

We are creating an audio based application for a client and require CarPlay access. We have applied through the CarPlay Contact Forum to access to the CarPlay SDK and to be able to enable it for our audio application. Our client requires CarPlay and it is for a large US-based brand. I have not heard back after multiple submissions to the contact form over the past month or so (https://developer.apple.com/contact/carplay/). Is there another contact I can use, we are in a tight timeline and not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for all your help!

Accepted Reply

After applying you must wait for the CarPlay Entitlement usage to be approved. We do not provide timelines for approval.

Replies

Did you try to use a DTS ?

Hi all,

i'm in the same situtation, I'm not receiving any feedback from the official form. What is the DTS?

Same here – only deafening silence from the CarPlay contact form, although I think at least two of my (OBD2 Expert and Wellenreiter Radio) could make great use of the CarPlay SDK.

I don't know what DTS is, but perhaps an TSI (Technical Support Incidence) is meant. Never used those, but two are included per year in your Apple Developer membership. Might be a reason to try for an answers wrt. CarPlay. https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/

You have to be the Team Agent on the Developer account. When I first submitted a request for a CarPlay entitlement the site did not indicate this and I never heard back from Apple. As soon as our Team Agent made the request we received a response within a couple of days.

I wonder whether iOS 12 has changed anything with regards to the CarPlay access policies. It looks like all the CarPlay API is public and documented in the SDK now. Could that mean that it's stable now and starting with iOS 12 everyone has access to it without special entitlements?

>I wonder whether iOS 12 has changed anything <clip> It looks like all the CarPlay API is public and documented in the SDK now.

You may want to wait for iOS 12 to go to release before making that statement. As it is, the beta release notes still mention known issues. Things may yet change for your use.

After applying you must wait for the CarPlay Entitlement usage to be approved. We do not provide timelines for approval.

DTS stands for Developer Technical support. You have 2 DTS tickets free with your developer subscription.

To access:

- click on Memeber Center on the top banner of this page

- select Code Level Support on the left pane

You will see how many DTS (TSI) you have available.

Hi,

How can we know the entitlement is granted? Will Apple send confirm email?My Team Agent made the request a couple of weeks ago, he still gets no response now.