Notification service extension malfunctioning in iOS11

Hi guys, In our application we've implemented the notification service extension. Upon receiving a message we do some aditional logic and everything works flawlessly. However i've installed the Xcode 9 beta3 and on the iOS11 (up to beta 3) the extension doesn't seem to work at all. When the a push notification is receivied i get the following log from the extension: "Program ended with exit code: 0". The didRecive method, as defined in the UNNotificationServiceExtension, never gets called. We've never had any memory issues and the opertaions we perform in the extension are not heavy and doesn't allocate too much memory. Is it possible that this is an issue with the iOS11? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

Hi.

did you managed to solve this ?

Hi.

did you managed to solve this ?

Were you able to solve this? It is still not working for me, and I tried everything, it cannot even debug, the deployment target is ios 10, I've tried attaching to process, running the extension and choosing the app to run, different devices, different ios versions (11.2, 11.3) nothing works.

I encountered the same issue. I am using Xcode 11.5 and iphone 11 pro max (IOS 13.4). But the extension can be executed on my iphone 6 plus (IOS 12.1). If I attach the process to my iphone 11 pro max to debug, the extension will not exit with code 0.
Solved this problem by running the main app target. Then, click the Debug -> Attach to process by PID or name and enter the extension name. Instead of running the extension directly.