Asset catalog compile error Xcode 9

I trying build project in Xcode 9.*, but always show error Asset Catalog Compiler Error.

Replies

For those at wits-end, like I was;

I realised that the PATH within my *.xcodeproj file was pointing to the Images.xcassets slightly incorrectly.

I had;

/User/[username]/myProject/Images.xcassets

whereas it needed to be;

/User/[username]/MyProject/Images.xcassets

Yup... myProject vs MyProject (capital 'M').

I closed my project, dragged the .xcodeproj file into a text editor, searched for the incorrect path (I only had one reference), changed it to the right capitalisation, saved, closed, re-opened my project in Xcode, and so far so good.

Before the fix, it wasn't very obvious what the issue was as my project would correctly compile 80% of the time. Only once I right-clicked on the error in Xcode (in the Issue Navigator on the left) and selected "Reveal in Log" did I spot the incorrect URL.

Drove me crazy as everyone's solution to find "dodgy PNGs" yielded no results.

Hope this works for you.

Great tip. For me it was "Reveal in Log" (never knew about that) and my path was blah/Projects when in fact is was blah/PROJECTS on the desktop. Renamed my folder to Projects and there you go. Did not know it was case-sensitive.

You have 2 ways to investigate:

- try to get all png out and then reinstall progressively till you find which one is causing the problem

- More simple way is - click right mouse button on the error (on "Distill failed for unknown reasons") and select "Reveal in Log".

h ttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/31505570/error-asset-catalog-compiler-error

Hi roycable,

I am stuck with

Failed to write image data for the launch image set from "LaunchImage.launchimage/Default-667h.png" to "/Users/PingKee/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/cheatShit-eapwyrdruskqkodtrlvyhaofbebx/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/cheatShit.app/LaunchImage-800-667h@2x.png".

However I do not have the file cheatShit-eapwyrdruskqkodtrlvyhaofbebx.

By any chance do you know how to solve?

regards,

kee

I've got the same issue trying to compile my application using Xcode Version 9.0 (9A235) and got error: "Exception Raised during asset import (2)". Reveal in log gives me only this (see picture) no details at all. If I compile the same project in Xcode ersion 8.3.3 (8E3004b) it's just fine. Trying to build using Command Line, got Error: The following build commands failed: CompileAssetCatalog /Users/Someuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Mutualink_Edge-daukytrejhlkmycaxotehvlctqiu/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/atCommand\ Enterprise.app Force-NG/Media/@CommandImages.xcassets (1 failure). Will try solutions provided here and let you know.

Could you please provide more detailed info about where did you have this path: "/User/[username]/myProject/Images.xcassets", and where exactly it needs to be changed. In my case someProject.xcodeproj just directory how I can edit it? I've got very similar issue: "Exception Raised during asset import (2)". Reveal in log gives me only this (see picture) no details at all".

I have solved issue. My @Command AppIcon set had @ in that name, I suppose from Xcode 9 it has been restricted to use special characters in AppIcon set. I removed it, namet it just Command AppIcon and was abble to compile and run. Anyway, I did not find any notice about it in Apple documentation, so be aware.

¿You have any solution for this error? I have the same issue but not found solution.

See this my issue : https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/107901