Running XCUITest in instruments?

Is it possible to instrument the XCUITest application in instruments?

When opening the debug navigator and pressing "Transfer to instruments", I get some profiling information for about a second or two, then the process seems to end.

Is this something that is supported, or even possible?

I want to do this because the suite of tests we currently have takes ~4-6 hours to complete (I know, we have a lot of tests).

Replies

I am facing the same problem at work. I am near the solution but something is still missing. It's a shame that no one is giving you an answer...not even people from the Apple staff...

I also would like a solution on this. I currently am collecting allocations instrument data for a set of operations that can take about 5 minutes to do manually. Doing those steps manually makes it to where I cannot reasonably collect this data across multiple devices more often than about once a day. I would like to automate the steps while collecting the instruments data.

I do have UI tests that could be leveraged to do this, but thus far I am not able to run a UI test and profile with instruments at the same time. At least, I have not seen how to do it.

- Kerwin

Any updates on this? We also have extensive UI tests and would like to monitor for memory leaks without duplicating that effort manually.