Time Machine "There are no disks to back up." Cannot remove MHD from excluded list.

I cannot start a Time Machine backup since all the drives are in the excluded list and they are greyed out so I cannot remove them.

Replies

I just noticed the same thing. My last backup was at 9:55 AM today, just before I installed Beta 2 update 1.

When I look at the list of backup destinations (I have 3) each has a red "i" that provides says that Time Machine couldn't complete the backup because there were no disks to back up. Looking at Options reveals that my Macintosh HD has been added to the list of exclusions.

Like benpeke, I can't unselect the hard drive.

This seems like a serious bug in update 1.

Same thing here. I've filed rdar://33069385 with a sysdiagnose and tmdiagnose

Ok, I really should read the release notes more carefully:

Time Machine is disabled for macOS High Sierra 10.13 beta 2 update 1 (17A291m). Apple recommends turning off Time Machine for APFS volumes on earlier versions of macOS 10.13 beta 2 as the space for snapshot files may not be freed correctly. (33006905)

As noted in the Release Notes, this is the intended behavior if your system partition is formatted with APFS.

Due to a known bug in the feature for local snapshots, Time Machine is intentionally deactivated for the root volume.

I'm also having this issue.

I didn't see release notes for update 1 as it was installed via software update. Is this in the release notes for beta 2?

Having the same issue myself.

It's in the release notes for beta 2 update 1. Yes, they released an update to beta 2 almost immediately after they released beta 2.