CloudKit private database usage and pricing

Hello,

I am developing an app, which allows all user to save data to CloudKit private database. Additionally, some users are able to save data to CloudKit public database, form where other users can download the content. I understand the pricing of CloudKit public database, where the developer is charged based on

- Asset storage

- Database storage

- Data transfer

- Requests per second.

However, the pricing of the private database remains bit unclear to me. On the private side the usage is against the users quota, but will the users be also charged based on Data transfer or Request per second? And if so what are the free limits on the private side?

BR

J

Accepted Reply

Hi,

all database storage, asset storage are counted towards a specific iCloud user - 5GB are free for all iCloud users. I could not find any practical limitations concerning requests per second and so on - but the limits seem to be very high. With our app MacFamilyTree, we're syncing an incredible amount of records per user, does not seem to be an issue for iCloud.

Replies

Hi,

all database storage, asset storage are counted towards a specific iCloud user - 5GB are free for all iCloud users. I could not find any practical limitations concerning requests per second and so on - but the limits seem to be very high. With our app MacFamilyTree, we're syncing an incredible amount of records per user, does not seem to be an issue for iCloud.