2 Replies
      Latest reply: Aug 29, 2017 12:51 PM by opedge RSS
      3DTOPO Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am trying to find a feed-forward style transfer model that can be converted with coremltools. So far, everything I have tried fails.

I found a project that uses the trained model as a Keras model 1.1 model (most seem to use Keras 2) and attempting to covert it I get the error:

>>> coreml_model = coremltools.converters.keras.convert("water-lilies.h5")
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
          File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/coremltools/converters/keras/_keras_converter.py", line 273, in convert
            model = _keras.models.load_model(model)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/models.py", line 142, in load_model
            model = model_from_config(model_config, custom_objects=custom_objects)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/models.py", line 193, in model_from_config
            return layer_from_config(config, custom_objects=custom_objects)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/utils/layer_utils.py", line 40, in layer_from_config
            custom_objects=custom_objects)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/engine/topology.py", line 2582, in from_config
            process_layer(layer_data)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/engine/topology.py", line 2560, in process_layer
            custom_objects=custom_objects)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/utils/layer_utils.py", line 35, in layer_from_config
            instantiate=False)
          File "/Volumes/SSD/Users/jeshua/tensorflow/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keras/utils/generic_utils.py", line 125, in get_from_module
            str(identifier))
        ValueError: Invalid layer: ReflectionPadding2

The water-lillies.h5 model is here.  I am guessing it fails because ReflectionPadding2 is a custom layer type. All the other Keras projects I can find either result in a similar error or are written for Keras 2.

I have tried to convert jcjohnson's trained Torch model to a Caffe model with Facebook's torch2caffe utility (based on fblualib) and I get the error:

unknown Torch class <nn.ShaveImage>

Apparently ShaveImage is not a standard Torch class, so it is not possible to convert.

In the WWDC video, Apple specifically mentions Style Transfer as a use of Core ML. Does anyone know of any style transfer models that will work with Core ML?

Any plans of supporting Torch models with Coremltools?