Gifting?

Hi everyone,

If I have a game where users can buy or win swords, does Apple policies allow users of that game to give one or more swords to other users of the same game or is that considered gifting?

If it is considered gifting, is it OK to redirect the user to a web site and perform such 'gifting' actions outside of the app?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Replies

> If I have a game where users can buy or win swords, does Apple policies allow users of that game to give one or more swords to other users of the same game or is that considered gifting?

It certainly would not be 'gifting an IAP' if the sword was 'won' in the app. I don't believe it is actually 'gifting', in the sense of the guideline restriction, to transfer an IAP purchased item from one user to another user. Gifting, I think, refers to purchasing or acquiring the item outside of the app itself and then transferring it to a user using the app. For example, if I sell you 3 swords for $20 and you gift those swords to users of the app - or if I gift you 3 swords in exchange for you giving me something of value.

> is it OK to redirect the user to a web site and perform such 'gifting' actions outside of the app?

Absolutely not.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK