App Store takes too long to update / download apps?

My App Store takes too long to update / download apps. It shows it loading (grey circle) but it’s not downloading (grey circle with blue). It took me one day to download one application, and I can’t even download anything without waiting for hours.

• Same, I updated Xcode and it has not been able to install the update for more than 2 hours. I have a 200mbps connection and i cannot even cancel the update. The Update has been downloaded but is not able to install. Can someone help?

Add a Comment

Replies

Mine does take a long time to downlaod apps and appears to be quite slow but definately not hours.

Have you tried the usual restart of the phone and closing the app store in multi tasking before using it again.

I saw the exact same behaviour after I setup my new iPad Pro on Tuesday, I’d restored it from a backup.

It was only the Apple apps that seemed to be up and running quickly, almost every other app or folder containing apps were greyed out and downloaded really really slow, even after 12 hours waiting there wasn’t much difference.

I was so fed up in the end I wiped and did a clean installation, setting up my iPad as a new device, it worked out brilliantly, iPad is running really fast, most issues I had with my iPad Air 2 have disappeared completely.

I did have to go digging around iTunes to move apps back to the page that shows installed apps, but in general I just opened the App Store and downloaded app from there without any problems, it was quick and easy and the new feature in iOS 11 of filling in passwords that it pulls from the safari password manager worked out great, saving a lot of back and forth between 1Password like the old days lol.

I have a new iPhone 12pro max and it took it so long to down load all the apps why?