messages iCloud syncing?

Is this feature still disabled, or are there specific prerequisites to enable it?

I see it being enabled in various YouTube demos of macOS and iOS, but on both I get an error message when I try to enable it.

Anyone successfully using it? Are you using two factor authentication? Do you have multiple iPhones and multiple phone numbers associated with your iMessage account? Multiple e-mail addresses?

Replies

I have the same issue in all my devices: iOS and MacOS. I cannot enable iCloud messages and I get error messages. Someone suggested logging off iCloud in ALL your devices and start all over. However, I am not ready to do that and re-add accounts, credit cards, etc. I may wait until the next beta update and if it does not resolve by then try that suggestion.

It appears to be working for me at this point - the only issue is that I don't know which Messages data is the right one. The iCloud storage summary shows 5.4 GB on the web if I highlight the Messages bar (which matches with the first Messages line), but if I go into the Messages with detail and attempt to delete, I get the error : "All (null) documents & data will be immediately deleted from iCloud and all of your devices".

Perhaps the 5.4 GB is the legacy Messages data?

Ok, I went ahead and signed off iCloud in all my devices. It was a pain. But it did help, even though it is still not perfect. I was able to turn on iCloud for iMessage on my iOS devices (I was also able to complete a sync). However, I am still getting the error messages in my MacBook and iMac.

I've been able to enable iMessage in iCloud on my iOS 11 devices and show there is 751MB of data, but still unable to activate on my 10.13 machine. BR filed.

The issue primarily seems to be with MAC OS High Sierra not be able to sync the content from icloud into the messages application. It seems to work on IOS for the most part. Sync to icloud uploads messages although takes some time. Depenidng on the device in use duplicates of the message back up appear in a random order. Thusly, downloading back onto MAC OS High Sierra could be it gets confsued as it doesn't know which one to download. iPad on iOS11 does not seem to sync at all. Or it tries to donwload the messages but then wont resync them with icloud. Text message forwarding still works pretty well. Hopefully an update soon will iron this issue out.

Hm, maybe a little OT, but in earlier Versions, there was an Option to Sync iMessage with iCloud and between different iDevices.

in DP6 to DP9, i think, this Option disappers. Will it be back to Sync.. ? Actuel, there is no Sync here between iOS11DP9 and macOS 10.13 DP9...