Battery dropping really fast on Watch OS4

I've been running Watch OS4 for a week and I observed that some days the battery lasted longer and other days it dropped really fast. I didn't use the watch so much and i am wondering if anyone has battery problems? On watch OS.3 the battery usually lasted 2 days but now it lasts like maximum 18 hours. I know that this problem is mainly due to the Beta but i wonder if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Watch OS4 is very nice and crisp and I like it very much especially the fitness app and music app. Apple took some time to develop these applications and they are not final but they are really nice. Other stuff that I like is the redesigned lock screen and the animations that seem more realistic compared to Watch OS 3.

The Phone application has more functionalty compared to Watch OS 3 and the importing of music is now faster.

My conclusion is that Watch OS4 is very innovative and futuristic.

Replies

I am seeing a similar thing here. I always charge at night and before iOS 11 B, usually had 40-50% left at 11 PM. Now its going into battery saver mode by 7PM most days with less than 10% then. IF you dont choose battery saver then, it dies within an hour or so.

Can this be fixed in Beta 2 because i'm having the same problem and can't even make it to 6 pm.

I don't know exactly maybe they are going to fix it in the upcoming software updates. A sure thing is that Apple is going to fix the problems but we as developers must write down bug reports. 😉

I am seeing a similar issue. I charge the watch and leave for work at around 9am and by 2:30-3:00 the watch is dead. I tried doing a hard reset but hasnt helped. Hopefullt with the next beta release it will get better.

Hard reseting the watch doesn’t help. I’ve tried it countless times without any changes. So the best option is for Apple to release the next Beta. :)

Do you know when beta 2 is going to be released? 😀

I'm guessing that maybe it will be released by the end of the month or mid-July 🙂 we'll see. They are going to release it for the public by the end of June and hopefully they're going to release another Beta for developers 😀

I turned my bluetooth off my iphone and the battery on my watch last wayyyyyy longer and so does my phone. I used to have only 20% by 5pm on my watch and phone.

I have an iPhone 7 and apple watch series 1

If you turn off the Bluetooth it's normal for the battery to last longer. If you turn the bluetooth off there is no synchronization active between the two devices. It's a smart choice to get more battery but you should do it when you have no power around to charge the devices. 🙂

I was seeing this same sort of time with watchOS 4 beta 1 on my original 38mm watch. If I do an outdoor walk for an hour, it'll be on power reserve by 3pm.

I updated to beta 2 this morning, early. After that, I put the fully charged watch on. by 1pm it wanted to go into power save (without any workouts).

I'm running the new Siri watch face. I haven't benchmarked against watchOS3 running the old face I used.

I'm also seeing highly degredaded battery life on watchOS 4 beta 2. I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 11 b2 and a Series 1 running b2. From fully charged, I'm down to 42% after about 3 hours of sitting at my desk.

Unpair and pair it again as new. It will get better battery life.

Same issue here. 100% at 7:30am to completely dead at 11:30am. I’m just sitting at my desk.

Same issue here. I have noticed the GPS indicator is showing all the time in the watch control centre.

I hope they improve this in Beta 3.

This solved it for me. Un-pair and re-pair. Now my battery life is normal again.

UPDATE

The good battery life only lasted for a day. My watch has gone back to losing battery life quickly. I'm using the "Activity Digital" watch face. I usually have the weather complication on there, but it has been off for a little while and battery life is still draining.

I will grab a system diagnostic log and submit a bug report.