Swift Playgrounds Lego EV3 API-Reference

Exploring the new possibilities of controlling the Lego EV3 brick from within Swift Playgrounds on an iPad I wonder if there is a API-reference of all the possible commands that can access sensors and control actors/motors. Examples of some commands are in the Animal Rescue playground but they are far from being complete. For example there is nothing about the gyro- or IR-sensors.

Replies

There is a glossary in the playground that lists these commands. Touch the button with the circles at the top of the screen to access the tools menu and there you will find the glossary.

I actually checked this and discovered that not all functions appear there.

For example I could not find some functions that received infrared sensor values, which where in the suggestion text when I typed code.

A reference guide would be very helpful (I am not asking this from you of course)

Hello, Did anyone find a complete EV3 API reference? The Help and Glossary in Swift Playground is useful but a complete reference is absolutey necessary and I hope someone from Apple will Monitor this forum and provide such Info. Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Ralf

I just created a project for documenting the EV3 APIs. https://github.com/iceboundrock/ev3-switf-playground-apis

It just contains the singatures of APIs yet, I will add documents to all functions later.