Avira antivirus software appears to crash 10.13 beta

My 2016 MacBook Pro 15in crashed repeatedly after running the 10.13 beta update. I noticed a process called savapi had started using an enormous amount of resources and crash reports pointed to it being responsible. Now that I have uninstalled the software, I will see if this was, in fact, the reason for the crashes. If it is not, I will return to the forum to retract this claim. It would be interesting to see if all antivirus software is particularly sensitive to OS updates or if this is an isolated case.

Replies

yes anti-virus software, which ever company makes it is causing a lot of problems and crashes with 10.13 beta.

I Imagine it can’t run properly because of the APFS.

I tried installing AVG for Mac and it was worse. The Mac crashed as soon as AVG loaded. I had to boot to safe mode to review what I had done. As soon as I uninstalled it, everything went back to normal.

I have installed before updating to High Sierra F-Secure Safe suite. After I installed High Sierra it functions the same, no lags, no crashes so try it out if you want. F-Secure is a good antivirus suite 🙂