macOS 10.13beta1 vs. my external monitor

High Sierra b1 (17A264c) was running somwhere between "wow, this is hideaoulsy slow" to "Is the mwachine froze? Yeah, it's frozen." until I booted with my Elgato Thunderbolt 2 dock detached. At first, I was going to blame the dock, but the behavior (mostly) returned when I plugged my monitor in via the thunderbolt --> DVI connector.

MacBook Pro Mid-2014

Anybody else seeing slowdows when trying to drive an external display?

Replies

Doesn't like my Samsung U28E590 4K display. If it's connected, the Mac won't boot, until I disconnect the thunderbolt cable. Doesn't seem to be affected by HDMI though.

I have an early 2015 macbook pro 13in, I have 2 external monitors attached, 1 via hdmi and 1 via thunderbolt (I turn a slightly order iMac into my third monitor via my thunderbolt cable) .

I've been getting kernal panics every few minutes... very frustrating. I'm now trying not using my thrid monitor via thunderbolt to see if the system is more stable. So far so good but lets see what happens afer a few more hours... Though I of course need my thrid monitor back :-)

Not sure if this is what is causing the panics but it's something easy to try.....

i went back to three monitors. Looking at console I saw most of my kernal panics were being caused by my photos being re-converted / updated to icloud. I stopped that and the machine calmed down and it has stayed up all day :-) .

I'll try Icloud for photos in a later build.

Thought I'd share this for whatever it's worth.....

I am also having problems with a monitor. Submitted a bug. I am using a Dell Widescreen U3417W. It boots ok. But the user interface colors are "washed out" in areas. Specifically when playing a video in Quicktime or opening Applications from the Dock; the colors of the icons are completely washed out.