Custom titleView size (Session 204)

Hi,

in session 204 (when talking about auto layout and UINavigationBar) I understood that we can now setup constraints in a custom title view, and that the navigation bar would adapt itself to fit the titleView (for example to have a taller navigation bar like in iMessage, where there's the avatar with the name below). Sis I understand correctly? I wasn't able to achieve that goal with my tries, as the titleView is always resized to 44.0 points height.

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

Could be an issue with first beta.

Have you been able to resolve this or figure out what's wrong? I'm on beta 2 and the constraints of my custom titleview are not respected.

Has anyone yet managed to figure this out? We're almost at iOS 11's release but AFAICT this does not work as presented in the WWDC session.

same problem here.... custom titleview (UIButton) working fine in previous IOS versions, in IOS11 appears left aligned and trunked is the text is too large.

I also can't figure this out and we're near release. Is it confirmed anywhere that titleView constraints are in fact ignored, or that the navigation bar height can't change?

There was a code sample a few years ago where apple showed you how to faked UINavigationBar with an extra bar for content ...