Has APFS made your Macbook Pro's slow?

I had a bit of an issue regarding performance with the High Sierra and i know it's due to the Beta. But had anyone problems with getting stuck on the loading screen a lot of time? APFS should make the computer faster not slower but as I mentioned my thoughts are that the Beta is the problem. I own a Macbook Pro 13 inch 2016 model and I didn't notice any other big issues. Small issues like slow video loading on Youtube, the login screen is moved to the right when you shut down the Mac and so on. I hope they are going to release a next Beta version in the following weeks. 🙂

Accepted Reply

Installed yesterday and have not had any problems to this date. The laptop is noticably faster than Sierra. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro w/2 internal Samsung 850 SSD's. I installed clean on the 2nd drive that wasn't being used and have had no problems. So for me that upgrade was as advertised although I'm sure something is broken somewhere. I am adding my third-party programs one at a time to see if there is any issue. So far so good!

Replies

Installed yesterday and have not had any problems to this date. The laptop is noticably faster than Sierra. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro w/2 internal Samsung 850 SSD's. I installed clean on the 2nd drive that wasn't being used and have had no problems. So for me that upgrade was as advertised although I'm sure something is broken somewhere. I am adding my third-party programs one at a time to see if there is any issue. So far so good!