4 Replies
      Latest reply: Jun 20, 2017 1:24 PM by danielfromny RSS
      GrandMaster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I formatted the fusiondrive in APFS, now i ended up in two seperated drives. One is the SSD and the other a 3TB HDD, is there a way to join them as one fusiondrive with APFS?

• Re: Format Fusion drive in APFS
          ZINZINJB Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I do the same but now i can't create a new Fusion drive. And can't even reformat Apple SSD ( 24Go) PCI Express in HFS....

I can only install OSX on the other drive. The PCI Express card is for moment lost in the Darkness of this New APFS systhem. I format cause OSX 10.13 can't be installed in APFS format grom my previous instalation.

It's only 24Go lost but PCI Express was a good point for fast runnig OSX....

I will try without this PCI Card for moment ...

I will check when Apple give us a solution to resolve this problem and when we can agin created a FD with Terminal between this 2 drive in APFS

rpheap Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It is possible yes, I managed to format my fusion drive to APFS as follows via the command line:

diskutil apfs createContainer disk0 disk1

diskutil apfs addVolume disk3 APFS “Macintosh HD”

Once you complete the second command the 2 drives are replaced with the Fusion Drive when viewed in Disk Utility.

Your disk references might be different depending on you config.

danielfromny Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am going to try this.

I reformatted my MBP fine APFS and installed 10.13. So I thought I would give the imac a try…

My first attempt split my iMac late 2014 1TB fusion drive. I reconnected it in terminal and reformatted as journaled and reinstalled 10.13.

But the iMac seems slugish and takes longer to reboot. I was wondering if the OS got installed onto the SSD part of the drive? Is there a way to check? Or to manuall select the SSD as installation of the OS?

Then I will try your command line and try to reformat to APFS