PassKit Package - secret sharing key ?

Today when I trying to share a pass via email by clicking on 'Share Pass' link on the back of the pass in Wallet, was expecting to start composing new email with pkpass file as attachment. It is normal behaivor which was working every time.

However with one particular pass in my Wallet, this time there was no pkpass attachment in email but a URL link instead. How strange!

Having examined pass.josn file inside pkpass packahe, found an interesting top level key not mentioned in Apple's documentation for PasKit Package.

"sharing" : { "method" : "PKPassSharingMethodURL" , "url" : "https://my.domain.com/abcd" } (URL is changed)

This was exactly the URL whuch atomatically gets copied into email when trying to share pass. And it works on iOS10 10.3.2

Does anyone have any idea about all possible formats of this key? And why it is not in the documentation and yet is working?

Replies

That is an undocumented key which can be found out looking at the iOS Runtime headers.

I do confirm it works (and still work in iOS 11 beta seed), but I'm not sure this is a good idea to use them, as they are undocumented, they can be removed any moment.

• How can I check for other keys (during iOS runtime)?

Add a Comment