Can I delete my app from the app store then upload the updated version?

Greetings,

Please bare with me. I am new to the app dev. world and am currently testing the waters with a simple game I created on GameSalad. When you finish an app via GameSalad it gives you the option to sumbit it to Apple. However, I needed to update I few things and now I am having an impossible time figuring out how to update it via iTunes connect. The file that GameSalad saves the game as is never able to open up on anything. Neither Xcode or Application loader. I do not understand gow to create a build. If I could just delete the app thats currently in the store then upload the updated version I would be fine. Ive heard that this is not possible because once deleted it cant be resubmitted. I am not sure how accurate this is so I wanted to see what anyone on here had to say,

Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Replies

Hi sivadkered,

Is it possible to submit the update through GameSalad? I imagine they would allow you to make modification in their IDE and then upload that as a new build (with a new build number, greater than the value of the original build) and that should be available to you on iTunesConnect just like the original build.

I haven't tried GameSalad, but I imagine this should be possible through their interface

If you're having issues updating a GS submission, perhaps their support can help with that.

Just keep in mind that Apple is now pushing back against such 'services'...

ASRGs Design / Minimum Functionality

4.2.6 Apps created from a commercialized template or app generation service will be rejected.

And by the way, I'd not casually 'delete' the app from the store. You'll lose the name and need to create a new bundle ID for a new app.

Do not need to delete your previous APP, add a version of the update just fine, you can use the Appuploader tool can quickly help you upload IPA