Ordered the Dev Kit - How do I know if I get the Vive discount?

Hello,

I ordered the dev kit this morning and I'm wondering if I qualify for the Vive discount or if there's any left. And how to find out. Does anyone knows? There was nothing in the confirmation email that Apple sent.

Cheers

Accepted Reply

If you purchased a development kit, you will receive an email from Apple Developer with your promo code shortly after your order ships.

Replies

Good question. I've *received* my eGPU dev kit today, and there's nothing in the box (that I can see) regarding this coupon.

One thing I did get: a 4-port Belkin USB 3.0 hub (with USB-C dongle for direct connection to my rMBP). I didn't see that mentioned in any of the literature, so it was a surprise to see it in the box.

Also, FWIW, the included paperwork says that it'll only work on 10.13 beta, which I think is not a surprise to anyone. That said, I did just try it in 10.12.5 with the included RX 580 and can indeed confirm that although the breakout box shows in the TB3 device tree, the GPU is missing.

I got mine today, but no code in the box that I could find for the Vive. I don't think I could have ordered mine any faster. Maybe the code is supposed to come via e-mail?

Same question. I had ordered it sometime Monday afternoon, but no coupon in the box and nothing in any emails.

I also did not get coupon code for HTC Vive in the box.

On the eGPU webpage it does say “Limited availability. Distribution is on a first-come, first-served basis.“

https://developer.apple.com/development-kit/external-graphics/

- Vineet

Very true and I had seen that availability is limited, but I'm feeling vaguely uneasy about there just being nothing when I ordered within the first two hours or so that this became available. Usually such promotions last a little bit. If there had been only, say, 100 codes or so, that could have been stated.

I'd feel better if I had received some kind of anti-coupon stating that my order did not contain the coupon. It would be interesting to know if anyone at all has received a coupon. Then I'd be ready to move on. As it is, I'll probably wait 1-2 days to order the Vive in case it turns out someone forgot to stuff the coupons into the boxes.

I'm experiencing the same. 😟

If there are no more coupons it should have been stated as such.

I had the same problem and called Apple, They gave me some BS about how the post says limited avalibility. Basically we aren't getting a code. So I told them how deceptive that is. I thought Limited Avalibility applied to the dev kit itself. Long story short they ended up giving me a $100 credit on my order.

If you purchased a development kit, you will receive an email from Apple Developer with your promo code shortly after your order ships.

That's amazing. I ordered my dev kit just a few hours after it was announced - pretty much as long as it took me to find the order page.

Very disappointing if true. I took the "limited availability" business to mean the dev kits as a whole, rather than the coupon -- which seems like it'd be the least limited aspect of the whole affair!

What do you mean by "shortly"? I ordered on Monday, kit arrived yesterday. No e-mail with promo code as yet received.

I called customer support yesterday, who told me to call the developer support number. Developer support told me to call Sonnet. Sonnet told me that Apple was supposed to issue the coupon. I then called customer support again, who called developer support internally, and they said the coupons ran out quickly. I then asked customer support if they would issue me a $100 credit to my order, and they did. I'm not sure if anyone actually got a coupon.

Got my code just now via email! It came from Apple.

I just got mine as well. I guess someone unplugged the e-mail drain and they're flowing out now.

Same 🙂. Maybe this thread helped...

I don't see how to enter the Promo code. And vive.com charged my credit card for the full amount without asking if I had a Promo Code!

Whats up with that?