Iphone 7Plus Boot loop IOS 11

installed via OTA, kept booting to apple logo. reinstalled via developer image on itunes still the same it will not pass apple logo. could this be firmware issue ?

Replies

Are you on Vodafone? If you are pull the SIM reboot and you should find iOS loads. However as soon as you put the SIM back in your phone will freeze. Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave, Yes I am on Vodafone, is that mean I can't use the beta? Any idea how and if there is any fix

Hello !

to resolve the Apple logo boot loop Download the Programm ReiBoot and

but it in the recovery mode and then bring it out of the recovery mode .

After that it should work. Should it happen again make it again and then an update with iTunes

with the iOS 11 ipsw from the dev center .

Good Luck !

with best regards Philipp

I've also seen issues with Vodafone (UK) and iOS11 resulting in slow running & freezing of the phone and getting stuck in a reboot loop. This is on an iPhone 6S dedicated to testing upgraded both via a OTA from 10.3 and a restore via itunes. Replacing the sim with an O2 sim makes all the issues go away.

anyone willing to provide base band logs so we can get this sorted?

see this thread for details

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/78600

The issue is isolated to Vodafone sims. All other sims I’ve tried work fine. It actually only happens when the phone connects to service. If you put the phone in aeroplane mode and then insert the sim the phone will continue to work fine (until you turn off aeroplane mode). My hopes are that this will be addressed in the second beta of iOS 11. Similar issues with Vodafone in the UK have happened in the past with IOS betas.

Hey,

This didn't work for me. Definitely a SIM problem, works fine with EE, just not Vodafone. Tried ireboot and itunes update with dev centre ipsw.

Had to reflash device with 10.3.3 from dev centre to get phone working again.

Turn data off that’s what I have done and Vodafone (UK) works fine hopefully something that will be resolved in the next beta

thanks for all your help, i think its pointless having data off just installed it on my Iphone 6s Plus on EE, ill do my testing on this phone untill Vodafone and apple get this issue sorted.

I can confirm that with TalkTalk Mobile (who use Vodafone's network) the phone is either stuck in a boot loop or at a black screen if booted. If I can manage to unlock it then it sticks and is so slow it is unusable.

If I disable mobile data then it returns to normal (aside from having no mobile data of course!)

Thanks for sharing the fix. Robin

I had the same with a Vodafone SIM. I tried an EE SIM and it was just as bad.

I have both Vodafone and EE sims showing the same problem.

Just to let people know, beta 2 of iOS 11 fixes the issue on a Vodaphone/TalkTalk sim and mobile data can be left turned on without crashes or boot loops.

This issue is still hapenning for me. I have 256Gb iPhone 7 Plus and the issue started on Beta 5 and continues on Beta 6

I am running IOS 11.3 (one prior to the latest release) - What is happening is that my phone is stuck on the lock screen with a "USA TODAY NOTIFICATION" at the top of the screen. This doesn't allow me to shut down normally. I can not log into the phone with the passcode or the touch ID either. The phone will not shut off using the home button and the side button (held down for 20 seconds). All I keep getting are stupid screen shots.

i can not downgrade the phone because I can not go into the settings an turn off Find my iphone?

Any suggestions?