Music widget permanently on lock screen?

Can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the music player on the lock screen. Even with no music playing it’s there. Anyone else seeing this? http://tinypic.com/r/10ghbgh/9

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cozyboy Down vote post of cozyboy
214k views
  • I am not a fan of Apple, and just started using it with iPhone 6S for office purposes. I was having the same issue. Here's what I did: Firstly, closed all the running apps from the background by double tapping the home button and then swiping up. Secondaly, opened Safari, and closed all the running Tabs, and then closed Safari by following the step 1 again. Last and final step, opened the Music app, and fully closed it again. And that's all. The Music Widget is now magically gone from my lockscreen. I hope that it works for other people too!

• Had same problem but this worked for me. At your home screen, click the gear icon (settings) to visit device settings. Then what you have to do is open the notifications tab. You have to find and click on Music and slide the notification toggle to disable it. Restart your iPhone after doing so and the music app lock screen problem should be fixed easily.

• I Had the same problem on my iPad. I followed Nana24's steps and solved the issue. Thanks !!

Replies

Better link to image http://imgur.com/a/ESoSg

kill the app which last played music.

• It must be different for every iPhone I’ve tried several of these to no avail and I have a new SE iPhone manufactured in 2021

Add a Comment

I'm seeing the same problem, as well as an issue where the phone orientation will occasionally cause only part of the widgit to be visible. Killing the app that was playing music (or video) has no impact on this.

• This site will help you better ---------> [https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/fixed-music-widget-permanently-on-lock-screen/)

• That site is dodgy you ******* ******

Add a Comment

I think its not just widget. I have seen the netflix widget stuck on the lock screen even though i had sportify running in the background. Had to restart the phone for the widget to disappear!

Not only do i see this but when i connect my iPhone to my car via the USB it doesn't display all of the playlists i created and will not let me skip forward through the tracks using the car's controls.

The display on my car stays the same, too. If the first song that is discovered comes on the car display, it stays that way, even if i use the itunes app to skip forward to another track.

It was working before the upgrade so i'm sure it's the Beta upgrade that caused it.

Submit a bug report?

Did a hard reset. Appears to be working fine now.

Hard reset seems to be the only thing that works, but then it comes back. I am to the fu**ing boiling point now with this effing bug. Please Apple, fix it. I don't want to have to restart my GD phone 5 times a day because the music widget is on the lock screen.

Yes hard reset seems to be only fix, and that only works until the next time you open podcasts, Pandora, etc., anything that plays audio, then you are back to the same problem. I hope Apple sees this as the annoying bug that it is and not an unwanted "benefit" of the OS.

Having the same issue. It comes on when I turn off my car so I think it might be a bluetooth issue. I rebooted the phone, didn't play any media, and it still appeared on the lock screen. Hope Apple fixes this soon!

Update: I reset my phone and went to a meeting. When I came out, the music player was on my lock screen. No bluetooth, no media was played. It just appeared. My next step is to delete the music app and reinstall it. But I think I'll lose all my playlists. 😟

So are we basically just waiting for a software update to fix this? Do you think anyone at the Apple store could help?

I think I have a solution (it worked for me at least).

Try this:

• "Settings"
  • "TouchID&Passcode" (enter your passcode)
  • Scroll down to "Today View"
  • Turn the lever/switch to "off"
  • Close settings
  • Lock screen

Hope this works for you folks. I was glad I did not have to "reset all settings" as Apple Tech Support suggested.

• On iPhone13, (and 8 years ago, iphone 4) the problem occurs when I am bluetooth connected to headset or car, answer a phone call, connect for some time to allow the phone to autolock, (or press the power button once) Hang up the call. Then U2 Cedarwood Road starts playing. The widget has a blue icon to the right titled Airplay.

I found the settings in "Face ID & Passcode", "Today View and Search. I disabled the setting, then had to restart the phone to stop the behaviour. I am wondering if there is a way to disable just the music playing? This is not an obvious setting.

• Correction. The problem has returned. still searching for an answer.

Add a Comment

BTW this came from "IPhone Topics" on YouTube

I deleted iMusic a few weeks back since I never use it and it always tries to launch and interfere with my cars Bluetooth when I want to listen to Spotify or Pandora. Now this stupid app link is on my lock screen. We pay too **** much for these phones to be forced to use their stupid proprietary apps. I’m beginning to hate Apple.