Possible to install 10.13 as a VM?

I haven't had a chance to download 10.13 yet, but I wanted to find out whether anyone has had a chance to try and install it as a VM? If so, any gochas that you wish you knew before hand?

Replies

Succesful install over a 10.12.5 of 10.13 Beta using VMWare 8.5.7 without converting the boot drive to APFS. Only basic use so far, but nothing has broken yet...

Converting the boot drive to APFS ended up with an unbootable system. Will try formatting a second virtual disk with APFS later and see how that goes.

Note: Take care copying your Sierra VM as a base for your High Sierra one, VMWare manages to link the two and destroy the former as you work on the latter. Make your copy on a different drive, hide the original (eject the disk it is on, etc.) from VMWare and then setup the copy. After that the original can be restored to VMWare and both will work independently. You might get different behaviour if you select "Moved it" rather than "Copied it", but then you cannot run both at the same time if needed.

I've been able to install 10.13 Beta under Parallels Lite, also w/o APFS.