Cannot enable Messages on iCloud in macOs

I receive an error message saying "Unable to update iCloud settings at this time". Anybody else?

• All the time. Still today. I think they abandoned Messages.

Add a Comment

Replies

It worked fine on my Macbook Air, didn't work on my iMac.

I have a similar problem except, the button SYNC NOW just does not work. I have tried signing out of icloud and back in again, simply will not work. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Same here.

Same. I put in a bug report this morning.

I had the same issue and I was able to get this working. I essentially signed out from all of my devices on iCloud and I removed each device from iCloud.com under the advanced tab. I also removed my phone number from FaceTime and signed out of iCloud all together on all of my devices. Doing all of this got me to get iMessage to authenticate my account.

I finally got it to work on my macbook pro by signing out of my icloud account on my ipad 3 running iOS9. As soon as I did that I was able to enable the messages on icloud on my macbook. I think the bug is that you have to be running iOS 11 and high sierra on all your devices using imessage.

Yeah, I'm not able to enable iCloud Syncing in Messages on my iPhone or on my MacBook Pro. I've tried logging out of iCLoud and back in on both devices. iPhone and MacBook Pro are both running the latest iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra betas.

I can confirm that Beta 2 solves this issue. I was able to enable icloud for Messages and complete a sync (it even shows the progress while it is syncing).

Issuse still exist.

Unable to update iCloud settings at this time.

The option to store messages in iCloud and Sync are greyed out in Public Beta 2. Howver it's working on the latest iOS 11.

I'm on the Public Beta 2. So the Developer version is the only current one working ?

I’m not sure. This was working in Piblic beta 1 and iOS 11 for my iPhone and MBP. Even though it’s greyed out on my MBP I still believe my iMessages are in the cloud. I get a blue bar at the bottom of iMessage that looks like it’s uploading and syncing. It also does not appear that iMessages are taking up any space locally. I do have an older iPad running iOS 9 that is signed into iMessage. I suppose I could try what someone mentioned above.

Still getting this issue in Messages Version 14.0 (6000) on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 (21D62)

Hi guys! On December 20,2022, I bought a new MacBook Pro 14 inch 1TB, because my MacBook Pro 2020 256GB has no more storage. I have transferred all my information through migration assistant, and the only thing that was weird was the iMessages not syncing up, like the contact pictures and name was no up to date besides the messages…

What fixed my problem was adding my GMAIL email accounts, in my settings. and it synced! I hope this helps.