Number of Issues With Apps

As with any beta, I know that there are bound to be bugs, but after installing the iOS 11 Beta, I found multiple issues with apps - except, I can't give many details, because they don't work to begin with.

Any third party apps will not launch. Not a single app launches except for the native apps such as Messages, Phone, and Safari. And to top that off, I cannot download or delete an app, not even an update. And hidable apps like Notes or Calculator are stuck in a downloading state and cannot be launched, or hidden.

Am I the only one with this issue, or is anyone else facing this? I'm running iOS 11 Developer beta 1 on iPhone 7 128GB CDMA.

Accepted Reply

So I had given up and I restored the phone back to 10.3.3 (this was more than a month ago). But today I decided to update again, and the same thing happened.

However, I figured out the problem - I had installed and trusted a version of the Apple Root certificate so that it would continue to be trusted while they renewed the certificate (as it was going to expire soon). That worked, but that was a long time ago. I apparantly forgot to uninstall that certificate, and when I did, all began to download/reappear (except for the notes app, but I'm creating a new thread about that.

Replies

Only running iOS 11 beta on my iPad nothing issue wise with 3rd party apps launching... now adds to my concern to hold off on my iPhone.

ios11 messed my iphone 7 up so had to do a dufu restore... but ipad pro is fine,it did have a slight problem with the new dock not going away put a swift reboot sorted that out

What happened before you restored? Same situation as mine? I really don't want to restore this device...

mine got stuck at the apple icon on booting.. so i put it into dufu mode, pluged it into itunes and did a update and it recovered my iphone back to 10.3.2 with everything were i left it.. but strangly ipad pro was fine

I see. Mine worked fine OTA but as soon as it rebooted I began to have issues. I've sent more than ten bug reports to Apple in the past five minutes about numerous issues, but I don't think I should expect a response. I just need another update.

wierd. My ipad pro updated fine, but after trying to reboot it got stuck on apple logo.

I had an idea - since I downloaded the update OTA, maybe I could download the IPSW and update it in iTunes. Not restoring, because I don't want to lost data. Like choosing the IPSW for restoring, but using the update function. I don't know if that will work, do you?

12.9, OTA, all is well.

12.9 OTA worked fine for me. Directtv Now is the only app i have that crashes. Battery life ***** though.

So I had given up and I restored the phone back to 10.3.3 (this was more than a month ago). But today I decided to update again, and the same thing happened.

However, I figured out the problem - I had installed and trusted a version of the Apple Root certificate so that it would continue to be trusted while they renewed the certificate (as it was going to expire soon). That worked, but that was a long time ago. I apparantly forgot to uninstall that certificate, and when I did, all began to download/reappear (except for the notes app, but I'm creating a new thread about that.