Apple Music "Unable to access your iTunes purchases. Click to retry."

So I can't save Apple Music songs, albums, anything. Last night I could. I saved about 15 songs to "My Music". All the songs I previously saved are greyed out and unplayable. Everytime I try to add a new song to "My Music", it looks like it works but doesn't actually get added. At the top of My Music, or any of my playlists, I have this little cloud icon with the connection error symbol that says "Unable to access your iTunes purchases. Click to retry."

I've tried:

• Rebooting
  • Signing into and out of iTunes account
  • Quitting iTunes
  • Enabling and disabling iCloud Music Library
  • Yelling at my computer

Does anybody have this probelm and have a fix for it?

As a side note, Apple Music is unbelievably buggy and inconsistent. Some songs allow you to add to "My Music", others to a specific playlist, others to both, others to neither. How did this ever get released to the public in this state?

Replies

Yes, I'm having this issue. No, I don't know how to fix it (which is why I'm here). For me, I'm on Windows. When I start iTunes, everything is fine. I can play the online only music and it's all good. If I go to Connect, click on an artist, album, song, and then click the + or try to add it to my music, the how gray crap starts and I, too, get the cloud icon with the connection error symbol. Adding songs on my iPhone 6 works fine; I haven't tried doing the same with my iPad or iPod. I'm thinking server overcrowding, but I have no idea.

I'm having this issue as well. Apple has me jumping through hoops like restarting my computer over and over, logging in and out of iTunes, de-authorizing then re-authorizing my computer. None of it has helped so far.

I'll add my name to this as well. Spent 2 hours on chat with Apple, nothing worked. They say they'll get back to me...

I had the same problem. In my case I had 25,000 songs in iTunes Match and therefore wasn’t able to add any more songs from Apple Music to my library. Every time I wanted to add a song the connection error cloud was displayed (while I still got a confirmation message saying the song was added, which was clearly not the case).

As soon as I manually deleted some songs from my iTunes Match library the connection errors disappeared and I was able to add some songs to my library again. I’ve heard that the limit will be raised to 100,0000 song with iOS 9, but for now once you hit the 25,000 song limit you will have problems…

Found a solution:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201272

Scroll down to the part about "on a Mac or PC"

It helped me!