How to use Xcode server to automate apps to iTC?

"Automatically manage signing" option in Xcode 8 is working wonderfully. Along with Product / Archive and then with Export to IPA from the Organizer it has freed me from ever worrying about certificates, prov. profiles and everything along with it.

Now - is there a possibility to reuse that mechanism with Xcode Server? XCS seems tailored made for the Test integrations with very little thought about the rest of the process.

I fail to see how to use the Product / Archive step in XCS with no obvious option to later re-sign with distribution cert/profile and upload to Test Flight and App Store.

Can anyone share some tips/scripts for maybe doing Post-integration script step that takes the XCS_PRODUCT or XCS_ARCHIVE env. variables and run codesign and altool CLI tools?

I don't want to use fastlane and similar tools which recommend avoiding "Automatically manage signing" setting. I've read dozen tutorials in last 3-4 days, but nothing that comes close to this.

These are few useful web tutorials that gave me some hope but eventually fell back to fastlane for actual submissions. They are both from 2015 and I sure hope there will be updates at this year's WWDC, especially since I believe Honza Dvorsky is now at Apple.