questions from newbie

Hi community, I'd like to start coding something and testing my samples on my iPhone, so:

• which kind of tools I need to write code (starting from "Hello World") , compile it, create an app, transfer the app to the iPhone, launch the app to see the output?
  • can I use Siri to launch my apps when them are installed in iPhone?
  • can Siri launch home shortcuts in the same way it launches an app when user says the app's name?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

To create the app you need XCode

You will first run the app in the simulator.

Once OK, you can download to your iPhone ; you will need to create certificates to do so.

Just speak the name of your App to launch it.

What do you mean by home shortcuts ?

Hi Claude, thanks for reply:

• to create certificate for app do I need XCode? Can XCode create a certificate for my app?
  • home shortcuts = not real applications but icons with name that open an app and execute a (or some) operations with the opened app (for example: link of a website opened with iPhone's Safari that is added to Home screen of iPhone via Share iOS function).

Thanks

Regards

Certificates are managed in Account (Preferences).

To connect device : Use the menu Windows -> Devices, once the device has been connected to the Mac.

Have a look here on the full process:

h ttps://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ios-from-scratch-with-swift-how-to-test-an-ios-application-on-a-device--cms-25156

ok Claude, thanks. Must I pay for a certificate (I'd use my appa only for personal and training purposes)? And about Siri that launch home shortcuts what is your hint? Thanks

If you can afford it, it is really better to pay the yearly licence.

It is not absolutely necessary (see other threads in this forum about it), but definetely make things easier.

Are you living in Corsica, so speak french ? 😎

Hi Claude, no I dont live in Corsica but I'd like to visit it one day... I know, my english is very basic, but if you can answer it means that what I wrote is understandable enough. So about iPhone apps development: -) even if I don't want to sell my app I must pay for a certificate? If yes , even for study or test must I pay Apple? -) about Siri ?? Do you know if Siri can lauch a home shortcut with user voice? Thanks

Siri should be able to launch home shortcut.

Have a look at this thread for free licence

h ttps://forums.developer.apple.com/message/207888#207888

Hi Claude, thanks very much for your support. With my tests I cant use Siri to launch a home shortcut with a name, only installed apps: I will try in other ways, and if I will find a solution I will post it here.

Bye 🙂