App Store ranking Discrimination

I have noticed that App store has updated the keywords ranking algorithm and this one has discrimiation against indie developers!

The updated algorithm gives top rankings to top charts apps for most of the trending keywords searches, even if these apps content are irrelevant to the keywords or do not contain these keywords at all. Now if you search most trending games in app store, you may find Color Switch, 8 pool balls, subway surfers, slither.io, Pokemon Go etc. are always among the top search results. But these games are completely irrelevant to the search terms.

Simply listing top chart games under a rising top chart game is not the right algorithm! It only shows Apple now gives much more importance to those top grossing games, while taking out chances for the development of indie developers.

At the same time, this algorithm diminishes users experience as now users now see much less relevant games under the key terms they search. Whatever they search, they see top charts games dominating all top search results. How can they find real valuable relevant apps they need?

By doing so, it discourages tight-budget indie developers really hard. Under the new algorithm, their apps can never be ranked well. How can they expect to expose their hard worked app to users?

I sincerely urge App Store to fix this algorithm to expose better search content to uers and give more chances to indie developers!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of alljobest Down vote post of alljobest
1.2k views

Replies

My game drop from rank #2 to #20 for one keyword, many game not revelance to this keyword jump to the top.

This change is not fair for indie developer, please fix this

Contact me, I can help you

İs there a solution?

My app does not show up even if you search for the exact same word....and all other none related apps show up before as described above.

At first I thought it had to do with downloads...well after 1k downloads still no change.

By the way...same app in google play show up at top of the list...despite less downloads.

have tried adding keywords...etc...no change