Maximum number of certificates generated

Greetings, i am having trouble creating a production certificate. It says "Maximum number of certificates generated". We have currently only 3 apps registered. Need to deploy 7 - 10 more apps. How can i work around this?

Best!

Ganesh Ramaswamy

Replies

I'm having the same problem. What kind of silly restriction is this?

Same problem here! I want to create a new certificate for launching an app on my ios devices but i can't generate an ios app development.

For the distribution of in-house enterprise apps you may have two active certificates at any given time. Normally you will only use one at a time and then transition to the second certificate before the first one expires in three years.

One certifiate can sign any number of provisioning profiles which are what you need to run the app on devices.

• Distribution Certificate: Program wide
  • Provisioning Profile: Per app

I have the same problem, and I found a lots of certifications which are gennerated by xcode. I revoked some certifications,but it still says "Maximum number of certificates generated". now how can I create a new certification? please help me, thanks.

I also just encountered this issue.

I'm using Unreal Engine's iPhonePackager program to generate my csr on WIndows. But while in the process of studying the proper workflow to install developer apps on my device, I went through a couple of testing phases.. which unfortunately included me creating and revoking a couple of my IOS Development certificates.. I recieved email notifications from apple regarding the revoked certificates.

Now when I try to create a new certificate (for a new ue4 test project), it won't let me create one. It has the "(Maximum number of certificates generated)" error in red for iOS App Development.

I still have 1 active certificate on my account, but I'm hesitant to revoke it just to test if I can create a new one.

I couldn't find any info regarding this:

1. How many is the actual maximum limit?
  2. Is there a way to reset this?
  3. Is this is just a temporary hindrance? For how long?
  4. What would one do if they reach the maximum limit?

Hoping someone could shed some light on this for me.

Cheers!

I too have the same problem .. I have only one certficate now and others were revoked .. but still it shows Maximum number of certificates generated.

Please help

Were you able to solve the problem. As per my knowledge revoking should have worked?

How does an already-distributed app 'know' that we've switched to the non-expiring certificate?

Already deployed apps will need to be updated to the newly signed version. You can also update just the provisioning profile on a deployed enterprise app if your MDM system supports it.

This is interesting to me. Is there any way for me to manage provisioning profile deployment as a sole developer, without using an 'MDM system'?

Thanks @dubs, this is very useful.

When you state that "already deployed apps will need to be updated to the newly signed version", can you clarify what you mean by "updated"?

Is it enough to edit the provisioning profile, select the new cert and generate?

Of are further steps required?

Thanks again

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this as we now have the same issue. I've been through every post I can find and Apple has never answered any question on this. It also appears that nobody has any understanding of what the problem actually is.

Thanks

Rob

I have the same exact problem! 😟

I have the same exact problem! 😟

I too have the same probile.IOS development certificates limit reached. How to create new one to generate the p12 certficate.