Old screenshots shown on the AppStore

I have uploaded a new version of an app and updated the screenshots for both iPhone and iPad devices. However I stlll see the screenshots of the old version on the appstore (app already approved). As I understood adding screenshots for the 5.5/12.9 devics automatically is scaled for the other screen sizes until I specifically update them.

As anyone else encountered this problem? Is it just a matter of time before they are updated (app is still <24h in store)

Replies

Same for me: the (new) App Preview is there, but 5 old screenshots.

(It never "just works" anymore)

Same for me, showing old screenshots, 3 weeks now, no update on the AppStore

Did you look at "View All Sizes in Media Manager" in iTunes Connect? I was having the same issue. Realized it was because I still had the old screenshots listed under the non-5.5" and 12.9" Displays. I first released my app when it was required to submit screenshots for every size. When they changed that policy, I assumed anytime I would update the screenshots, it would automatically populate all sizes. It doesn't.

I made the same assumption about the screenshots being updated across devices, without first removing them under "View All Sizes in Media Manager". I may have missed it, but don't recall seeing the requiremen to remove old screenshots first. Thank you @Skyla157 for posting the fix!

Facing the same issue, i need to now remove screenshots for 5.8 display, how can i do that ? Do i need to put another version of app or we can do the same without another version.
Thanks
Komal

Hi Guys, Preview screens updated in the App store connect, but the old screens are still displayed in smaller devices App store (iPhone 8 and below devices- 4.7 inch)
Any one faced this issue recently ?? However new screens are displayed in 5.5 inch and above size devices (iPhone 8 plus, XR and XS and above )

Let me know whether there any solution to resolve this issue
Same here, update went live a few weeks ago. All versions in app store connect show the new screenshots. The app store shows the old ones.
Facing the exact same issue. Just uploaded new version of the app but all the preview information is old.
Same issue here. In 2020.

There's no UI provided to update or delete the screenshots from old phone sizes, which can only be seen when clicking on "View All Sizes in Media Manager".
Yes still a problem in 2020 no UI to remove them and what's worse if you have a phone for example an iPhone 8 in zoomed mode you will see these pictures on the appstore.
Solved the issue by clicking the "View All Sizes in Media Manager" after uploading a new build. Then you have "Edit" option to update/remove old screenshots.

The answer is that Apple have poor UI in App Store Connect.

By default, the App Store previews shown on the main screen when you update an app only show 6.5", 5.5" and 12.9" displays which is what most people update.

When you click on 'View app Sizes in Media manager' you'll discover that the 5.8" screen size, likely hasn't been updated - which is probably what you are seeing on the App Store (for many users).

Just make sure you check and update all the common screen sizes next time you do an update and the problem will like go away..

good luck!

Solved as below step.

• Submit a new build.
  • Click on View All Sizes in Media Manager
  • Go to 5.8" Display area, click Delete All (old photo)
  • It will automatic use 6.5" screenshot as default for 5.8"