in-app purchase: uploading hosted content stopped working

Hi,

my app has a number of in-app purchases available. they are non-consumable, and I use hosted content with Apple. In the past I have succesfully added new in-app purchases to my app, with hosted content. But I'm no longer able to do so. Specifically Application loader complains about a missing field: "price category", which actually isn't missing at all.

I contacted Apple using a TSI, in response they suggested that I file a bug report, as it appears to be a bug.
So not helpful at all.

Did anybody have similar issues, or found a work around?

Thanks!

STEPS TAKEN

0. I create a new in app purchase in itunes connect. Fill in the information, select hosted content

1. I create a new target for in app purchase content in xcode

2. I add the necessary files in the folder.

3. make sure the IAPProductIdentifier in the ContenInfo.plist in that folder is the same as the identifier of the product I've made in iTunesConnect

4. I archive the product.

5. From the organizer I try to upload it to the app store.

6. this fails: "ITUnes store Operation Failed, you must supply a CFBundleIdentifier for this request"

7. So I try with application loader. First I export the newly created archive.

Am able to connect to my in app purchases, see the one in need of hosted content, check all the details.

8. select material to upload for hosted content

9. It claims that validation is succesful

10. allows me to save the itmsp file.

11. then it claims there are problems to be solved before I can deliver the content!

12. complains about a missing field; 'price category'

Don't understand that at all. that was allready filled in for this in app purchase.

Replies

I would fill out the bug report and submit it. If you review the forum, there are numerous postings where the SKProductRequest worked one day and not the next. The iTunes Store Server environment is being "fixed" periodically to address some new issue. These fixes can have adverse affects. Such issues can only be fixed by the iTunes Store Server engineers. The application and hosted content ingest process is no different.

If you do submit the bug report, send me the bug report number and I'll make sure that the bug report is assigned to the proper engineering team.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Did anything come of this? I've got the same issue - Xcode 8.3.2? This seems pretty fundamental!

Hi Rich,

thank you for your reply, I've emailed you the bug report number!

Filip

i've fixed this error by updateing Product Bundle Identifier in Build Settings of in-app purchases content target