Sharing not Working for One User

So we did all the work of making sharing work. We have a document, we can share it with another user, then updates are sent and it's kept in sync.

Then we go to give it to the Customer and for her the sharing does not work at all and it does not fail. She is logged into icloud for sure. But when she taps share it just does nothing.

I was wondering if it was because she is not a developer so the developer build is using a sandbox that she cannot see, but one of the other devs on the project said no.

We also have a place where we get a list of items from the public database and it works for us, not for her.

Replies

Not trying to be rude, but you VERY unlikely to get any help on developer forums with descriptions like 'But when she taps share it just does nothing'. You need to be way for more specific with the details, what is exactly is happening, what is CloudKit returning in its operations, etc.

Ok, well I have some more information now.

We use CloudKit for 2 things now: to load a bunch of suggestions to the user on logging in. And to allow sharing of the documents that are created, using the new ios10 sharing functionality. Both things work for the developers. When the Customer tries to run the app, the app does not show the list and if she taps share it just spins. So it's not working.

Today, I got the Customer's credentials and logged into her iCloud account on the SImulator and it worked. I saw the list. I could tap share and get the share message about adding people to the document.

The device the Customer is using is listed in the cert the app was signed with. The app was distributed as an Internal Tester release on TestFlight.