We have same issue.
It started around April 20 2017, 7:00 am GMT.
It looks like problem occurs at the ssl/tls handshake stage.
:~$ curl -v -X POST --tlsv1.2 https://buy.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Trying 18.104.22.168...
* Connected to buy.itunes.apple.com (22.214.171.124) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: none
* SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* Operation timed out after 0 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received
* Closing connection 0
curl: (28) Operation timed out after 0 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received
Same here. We see a lot of timeout (less than 1/4 nevertheless). Most of the time a retry is ok, sometimes needs 2 or 3.
I am facing the same problem, but it always only lasts for a few hours or so. Is it some problem at our side, or does the server at Apple misbehave?
Thanks in advance
hi guys, so how to fix it? is it ours problem or Apple servers?
Please submit a bug report using the Apple Developer Feedback Assistant web page when this issue occurs.
To submit a bug report, please use the Apple Developer Feedback web page -
Enter the “Feedback Assistant” page and login
Click on the Compose icon to start a new bug report
Start by clicking on the appropriate OS button - “iOS and iPadOS”, “tvOS”, or “macOS”
1. In the “Descriptive Title” field, enter an appropriate title
2. In the “Problem Area” field select “StoreKit”
3. In the “Type of Feedback” select “Incorrect / Unexpected Behavior”
4. In the “Describe the Issue” section enter the following
- application ID (and In-App Purchase identifiers if appropriate)
- sandbox or production environment
- if possible, include the user account ID
rich kubota - email@example.com
developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI