Unsupported operation - Apps are not allowed to listen to device lock notifications.

Hi,

When I try to submit my app to review I recieve this message

Binary rejected

Unsupported operation - Apps are not allowed to listen to device lock notifications.

any solution ?

thanks

Accepted Reply

Okay did some investigation and we are observing 'com.apple.springboard.lockstate', this is no longer allowed by apple.

Replies

Me too having similar issue. Is anyone from Apple listening?

I just had similar binary with same project settings approved couple of days back...

it should be something that has changed from yesterday, a new check ... because yesterday I sent to submission another apps and there was not any problem, today I have submited some of other targets and i receive this error..,.

Me too 😟

I have opened a ticket to support explaining the problem , and app status has changed in the list of my apps to "waiting for review" again, but if i click in the detail of the app , it keeps "binary rejected" status.

I'm getting this as well, can you post any updates on here. Had a build that went through to review yesterday but the new one isn't, yet nothing has changed besides my NSContactsUsageDescription. Have you all changed anything similar?

Okay did some investigation and we are observing 'com.apple.springboard.lockstate', this is no longer allowed by apple.

In my code I am not using this in any place...😕

Are you using any 3rd party things that might be? To be honest it's a rare scenario, and there are a few other states you can observe which are also not allowed. I would suggest people listing their SDKs here if they are still being rejected just incase there's a pattern?

maybe this is not allowed?

[UIApplication sharedApplication].applicationState != UIApplicationStateActive

I have just checked it and still app es rejected

My 3rd libraries are :

AudioEngine

GoogleAnalalytics

RMServices (Sdk Adobe)

Reachability

WYPopoverController

AFTHTTPRequestOperationLogger

NSLogger

Fingertips

ItreativeMigration

AFNetworking

AFOAuth1Client

OHAttributedLabel

SSTextView

DocInteractino

MAZeroingWeakRef

MBProgressHUD

MMDrawerController

NSObject-AssociatedObjects

Toast

PSYBlockTimer

NSString-Relative-Path-Support

UIALertView-Blocks

UIImage-Categories

TouchXML

OmniQuartz

OmniUI

OmniBase

OmniFoundation

there are a few other states you can observe which are also not allowed.... for example? 😀

Is there any web/forum etc where we can check what apple not allow?

it seems that the version of my library AudioEngine(5.3.5) was causing me this rejection. They use darwin notifications that are not allowed by apple

me too...

Hi ElliottFromStAlbans

"com.apple.springboard.lockcomplete" is not allowed?

Hello Elliott thank you for posting your findings. It was VERY VERY helpful. Were you able to locate an Apple notification or notice about this change ?