SourceKit Very Slow Since Swift 3/Xcode 8.2.1 Migration

Hi

Since I migrated my project to Swift 3 and Xcode 8.2.1, SourceKit has been so slow I'm pretty much just coding blind half the time. When typing a function name, if I sit and wait for 5+ seconds the suggestion list will eventually pop up. If I go and add a function to a class, that function won't be recognized for autocompletion until I've recompiled.

I've also noticed that compile times are very very slow with Swift 3, with the build process sticking on "compiling Swift source files" for a minute at a time (I've used the terminal to log how long each of my files takes to compile, and the problem doesn't appear to be in my project's source code).

I've done the usual, clearing caches, derived data etc etc but can't seem to improve on this problem at all.

Has anyone else experience this kind of thing?

I've begun to miss Objective-C. Any and all feedback much much appreciated!

Thanks

Replies

Did do a search, and didn't find anything, but just saw a suggested thread where others are complaining about the same problem... Sorry if this is a well known problem with no solution and I've just added a common complaint to the forum!

Hi,

Same weird behavior here. Editor freez for free seconds with part of code lines duplicated and cropped. I had these kind of problems months ago and I then thought it was because I used french caracterds with accentuation.

I also tried the usual tricks with caches clearing and so on. The problem still here. Editing is very painfull.