Linker error for Objective-C category definitions in Xcode 8.3

I'm getting a Apple Mach-O Linker Warning in Xcode 8.3 building an iOS project.

It says "Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler."

I've seen some Stackoverflow posts and other questions about this error in the forums but none contain information on how to fix it. There's no link to the offending library, no way to get more information on the error, just an error I cannot clear out. How can I determine what is causing this error and how to fix it?

Replies

I have the same error. I have tried a lot of things and nothing.😕

I have a similar issue with Xcode 8.3.2. The "Linker command failed with exist code 1 (use -v to see invocation)" is displayed in the left-hand Navigation Panel of Xcode. After selecting the error (in the Navigation Panel) I would normally see a listing of the Linker results, providing me with a clue on where to look to resolve the error. For some unknown reason nothing shows up to the right of the Navigation Panel. This basic operation worked fine before, but something must have changed in Xcode's configuration, and I don't know how to reset it to a working state. I'm stuck! Has anyone found a way to correct this situation... Right now I'm looking at forcing a reload of the latest Xcode on my Mac.