External testers aren't getting notified of new builds.

I've done two external builds this week, and in both cases the external testers aren't getting Push Notifications or emails that a new build is available. If they open the TestFlight app they see the new build. Obviously I'm talking about people that have everything turned on.

So I guess this is more of a heads up to anybody confused by what's hapening. Just tell your testers to open the TF app if it comes up. I filed bug #31626719 about this.

Replies

I logged into Testflight yesterday and was greeted with the latest changes. I'm incredibly confused now though. My App says 'Testing' for both Internal and External testers, does this mean it's available for testing to everyone? The external testers didn't get any emails or anything, and I'm unclear where the app stands with regard to the Beta App Approval. This is what it looks like for me rightnow, http://imgur.com/lsAITOO

I haven't really dealt with iTunes connect for the last few months, so the latest changes are very confusing to me.

I'm having same problem ... any update on bug #31626719?

I got a response, "check spam folder etc"... I haven't done another TF build since last week so haven't been able to try again.

Having the same problem.. any update on this?

Seems you need to re-add those testers, then hit them w/the new build.

I have also same problem at least 2 weeks, I send email to support but two times they send me an irrelevant answers. Our build is also expire and the half of users doesn't know the how can update without notification.

Same here. Apple, please fix!

I'm having the exact same problem.

Another issue with the new design is that it's hard to tell which versions your list of beta testers are using. Before, you just looked at the list, and it said which version they were running. Now, you just get the last installed date, and have to cross reference dates to figure out which beta they likely installed.

You should add a bug with your design feedback!

+1, please fix.

If you could also just do away with Beta review entirely that would really make my day 😍

+1

+1 Please fix!

Hey guys,

We had the same problem in our company and found the answer in another thread.

Here's the direct URL to the answer: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/229512#229512