Unable to add Game Center Capability

I have a valid developer account and XCode is setup for automatic signing and is connected to my developer account. On the General tab of my app everything is green and without errors.

When I try to enable the Game Center feature on the capabilities tab I get a red exclamation mark stating "Add the Game Center feature to you App ID".

Now isn't this supposed to be automatic?

Also, if I login to my developer account on the Web the app ID I'm working on in XCode is not visible anywhere, and I can't add it either as the developer Web site complains that the App Id is not available.

My developer account screwed up?

Replies

Not sure if you were ever able to resolve this. I have been running into the same issue (Xcode 8.3.3)

I was able to resolve this, however, by turning on Push Notifications in Capabilities ("Add the Game Center feature to your App ID" automatically worked once I did this) and it continued to work after I turned Push Notifications back off.

Not sure why this caused it to work, but maybe worth a shot.

That worked for me. Thanks. Although I, too, have no idea why and how...

AND IT WORKED FOR ME TOO! 🙂

I just ran into this problem as well with Xcode 9. However, toggling Push Notifications didn't help.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot bro

Thank You! This workded for me too!

Having the same issue, "On-Off" for Push Notifications doesnt fix it (In fact I get the same error with Push Nofitications, cant be added)

I was able to resolve the issue by enabling Siri.

WOW! This worked for me as well. Thank you!😁